It's St. Patrick's Day, one of three times a year that I avoid Boston bars (New Year's Eve and July 4 being the others), so I'll be doing literal and technological housecleaning today. (Besides, I'm only half-Irish, and my French-Canadian half insists on poutine to accompany any heavy drinking.) A few updates:
- I've started a second Twitter account, @HubStats, to focus on newsy data of interest to my Bay State and more stats-crazed followers. I'll still be tweeting my usual nonsense at @RobertDSullivan.
- I'm updating my "What Each State Does Best in Presidential Elections" post as I find new information and interesting stories about each state.
- My posts about television, which are cross-posted at Extra Criticum with different comment threads, have been a lot of fun to write, and I'm thinking of continuing the discussion of what makes a great sitcom episode. Any suggestions on specific shows to cover are appreciated!
- My posts about music, however, may be on hold for a while. The odd thing is that some of the posts get a lot of traffic (the one about Human Sexual Response's "Jackie Onassis" is the most-viewed item I've ever posted), but I think that's a function of search-engine luck rather than genuine interest. A lot of acquaintances have told me they just don't like them, and my layman's approach may not appeal to people who actually know a lot about music.
- I'm still on the lookout for work, which may lead to some entertainingly humiliating blog posts. But I'd also love to help a Boston-area nonprofit in genuine need of someone with writing/editing/proofreading/HTML skills. Nothing with mindless "busy work," though; that's what temp agencies are for.